Who are you following?
Sheep, are you following those who are Christ-like? As the prophesied Messiah, these are some of the qualities of Jesus:
– The Servant Messiah would be humble and meek and it is clear that He is an individual rather than the nation of Israel as a whole.
– He will not be a bragger or a show-off, but on the contrary He will be quiet and gentle.
– He will not use loud and angry arguments to win hearts.
– He would be careful not to bruise anything fragile or weak, such as any broken-hearted souls or weak believers, or anyone that has been crushed by sin or calamity.
– The “smoking flax” speaks of something that is just about to go out, like the expiring wick of an oil lamp. By giving His Words of life and true religion He will cause the dying flame to be re-fueled and lit again to burn brightly.
– The Servant Messiah would not be condemning in His tone of voice. He would always encourage and lift up the weak and feeble sinner.
If you are following a pastor or teacher who does not have these qualities, or point you to this Jesus, take a closer look. He could very well be a wolf in sheeps clothing pointing you to another Jesus.
“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” Matthew 7:15